This Chicago private residence was built in 1899, the 9,500 s.f. brick and limestone mansion was restored and renovated within the guidelines of the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties. Nearly 100% of the original woodwork was restored and reused in renovating the building. Additionally, the rear of the property was expanded in keeping with the guidelines which allow limited expansion opportunities using all new and reused materials. We enabled the owner to obtain a long-term tax freeze limitation for 10 years.